RULES for Virtual Phonograph Sale Feb 28, 2009 22:32:51 GMT -6
Post by Moooperator on Feb 28, 2009 22:32:51 GMT -6
2nd Bi-Annual ATM’s Virtual Phonograph Show & Sale SEPT 19 & 20
With many hobbyist unable to get to any of the great live shows we thought that this would be an excellent and cost effective way for collectors to buy from other collectors and dealers in the phonograph community. Our sale is very simple to participate, it’s free and it starts at 8 am central on Saturday September 19th through Sunday night September 20th.
Yes... it will be a hard work for you as a seller to download all your photos and type in descriptions but compare that to packing, loading, unloading, setting up tables, driving 100’s of miles, paying booth fees and standing around looking at old geezer’s unshaven mugs - this is actually a dream come true for sellers! Check out the sample “booth” below and you’ll see how easy it is. You are allowed to set up your booth all day on Friday but selling is not allowed until Saturday morning.
To learn how to post photos to this board go to this link:
This event is being promoted in several collector newsletters, mass emailings and internet announcements. With a large participation from the phonograph community we can make this a bi-annual event grow each year! So here are a few simple rules for buyers and sellers.
SELLERS / DEALERS RULES:
1. You must become a member of this board which is free. This allows buyers to contact you through our Private Messaging System. In your “booth” post a photo of yourself, your real name and the city and state where you are from. People like to see who they are buying from even ugly old guys.
2. You will be allowed one post (booth) on our Show’s thread starting Friday Sept. 18th. BUT you can place as many items in that post as you want.
3. Every item must have only one clear photograph, asking price and a complete description of the item. Be honest and note any flaws. Be prepared with additional photos to email any potential buyers or direct them to a photo service such as photobucket.
4. You can only charge the actual shipping charges from the courier to your buyer. All packing materials must be paid by you so keep that in mind when negotiating a deal with your buyer.
5. Keep your post (booth) updated. You can add or edit your booth throughout the sale by using the “Modify” option. We ask that you keep all items listed in the booth even when sold. Just add a bold SOLD notation under the photos of sold items. That will give us some idea of how well the event is received.
6. Any dealer/seller that abuses a buyer by not sending the item as honestly described, if found at fault will be banned from future online events through ATM.
1. If you agree to buy an item from a dealer YOU MUST FOLLOW THROUGH with that purchase. If you do not follow through on your agreement with the seller you will be banned from future online events through ATM if you and your seller can not mutually agree to cancel the purchase.
2. Sellers must contact the buyer through the private message system or other means of contact such as phone number, ATM chat room or email address - the seller will list his choice of contact in his booth.
3. Request additional photos on big ticket items and ask plenty of questions. Your seller wants you to be happy with your purchase so assume nothing and ASK!
4. You must pay the actual shipping cost for your item. The seller can not charge for packing materials. You can also agree on alternative arrangement for delivery such as picking it up in person or picking up at a future live show the seller may be attending.
5. You will need to become a member to be able to contact sellers through the Private Message System on this board. It is totally FREE to join.
1. Any agreements for purchases is strictly between the seller and buyer. Antique Talking Machines Online Board is only the platform to bring buyers and sellers together and is not responsible or involved in any transactions, losses or damaged goods. Buyers and sellers use this platform at their own risk. By using this board for buying or selling you agree to not hold ATM or it's staff members responsible for any losses or damages due to participating in this online sale.
2. Any participant found to be abusing this event will be banned immediately. Report any unsavory actions to the staff.
3. SHIPPING -All items over the basic insurance coverage of the courier (UPS $100, FedX $100, USPS $0) must have insurance paid by the buyer.
4. Treat your fellow hobbyist like you’d want to be treated. Be honest in your descriptions, respond quickly to inquires and make it a pleasant experience for buyers and sellers alike.
5. No personal communications or seller posts are allowed on the actual show thread and will be deleted. Only “booths” are allowed on the thread and only one post per seller (but you can add any number of items for sale within your one post). All communication should be first through the private message system of ATM or you can post your direct phone number at your own risk. If you do place your direct phone number it is advisable to remove it after the sale.
Let's make this a fun event and get as many of your friends to participate as buyers and sellers!
Mooo and Staff